ProgramsLiving Rivers Program
Melbourne Water’s Living Rivers Program was established in July 2006 to aid the long term improvement of Melbourne’s urban stormwater management. The Living Rivers team provide councils in Melbourne Water’s operating area with funding, training, guidance and support related to:
- improvements in strategic stormwater management
- improvements in structural stormwater management
- initiatives that remove pollutants from stormwater.
Projects implemented with partner councils are intended to:
- improve the quality of rivers and creeks receiving stormwater
- demonstrate processes that successfully improve stormwater management practices
- encourage further development of councils’ capabilities in stormwater management
- make effective use of stakeholder engagement practices
- promote local government leadership in successful design.
Where can I get more information?
Tel: 131 722
Program leader: Sarah Eggleton